The course will deliver training in ocean-colour data and their applications in climate studies. Remote sensing experts from the Plymouth Marine Laboratory (PML) will guide students through a combination of lectures and computer-based exercises covering the following topics:
- Introduction to ocean colour;
- Modelling primary production;
- Ocean colour applications for ecosystem state assessment;
- Climate impacts and feedbacks;
- Ocean colour in data assimilation;
- Dataset archive, management, visualisation and analysis.
Students will also have opportunity of informal discussion with instructors outside of the formal lectures. A visit of the NERC Earth Observation Data Acquisition and Analysis Service (NEODAAS) that is hosted at PML will be provided.
- Course Editor / Instructor: Greg Reed