Introduction to the Nippon Foundation POGO Centre of Excellence: 01 December 2020 to 04 December 2020
Introduction to NF, POGO, AWI and BAH
Selfpresentations of the NF-POGO CofE scholars 2020 / 2021
Section to upload the (self-) presentations of the scholars
Foldscope: its assemblage and applications
- This topic
General Oceanography Lecture
In April (between April 12 - 16) you will be conducting a series of 10 lectures designed as an introduction in Oceanography.
Please create a 1 hour long lecture to the topics given below.
Upload your slides until April 10, 9pm CEST.
Please get together and practice your lectures with your colleagues ahead of the official presentation which will be announced later.
1. The History of Marine Science, Including Research Performing Institutions in Germany – Alejandra Castillo
2. The Chemical Composition of the Ocean – Goriga Gwaibo
3. The Carbon, Nitrogen and Phosphorous Cycles in the Ocean – Shilpa Lal
4. Biological Interaction: Foodwebs – Dzung Nguyen
5. Plankton, Benthos and Nekton: Ecological Constraints – Ginchu Mariam Sunny
6. Marine Habitat - A General Overview and Specific Example: Deep Sea Smokers – Fernanda Matos
7. Geological Oceanography: Plate Tectonic – Mouneshwar Soondur
8. Physical Movement in the Ocean: The Perspectives of Ocean Circulation – Hellen Kizenga
9. Models as Tools for Oceanographers – Mark Tolentino
10. Changing Oceans: Anthropogenic Impacts – Edwin Lainas
Job Application Training
Rocky Intertidal - Excursion
How to propose for ship time
Lab safety introduction
Lab course light
Videoclips summer 2020 North East Habour Helgoland