This course will provide an overview of regional/international marine observation, application and quality control of CTDs (Conductivity, Temperature, and Depth) and their measurements. It will provide an opportunity for participants to exchange the research progress on regional marine observation, and to learn the quality control procedures of CTDs to improve the in-situ oceanographic measurements.
- Knowledge and understanding of regional/international marine observation.
- Knowledge of history, development, new technology, and application of CTDs.
- Knowledge of CTD calibration, Chinese Standard Seawater, and joint salinity measurement capacity in a region.
- Improved met-ocean data quality control/quality assurance and their application in scientific analysis.
Target audiences include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Researchers engaged in oceanographic and meteorological studies,
- Staff of marine research institutes and universities who use marine instruments, especially CTDs,
- Metrology engineers on CTD calibration,
- Ocean and coastal data managers.
Course Dates: 25 - 28 March 2019
Course Venue: NCOSM, Tianjin, China
Event details, including participants here