This training course is aimed at researchers at the post-graduate level and provides a comprehensive introduction to a variety of marine datasets and formats and the use of software for synthesis and analysis of marine data. The importance of good research data management practices and the role of researchers will also be highlighted. Personal projects are presented by the students at the end of the course.
Aims and Objectives
- Provide an introduction to the use of software for synthesis and analysis of marine data
- Introduction to the FAIR Guiding Principles for scientific data management and stewardship
- Understand best practice for management and analysis of marine data
At the end of this course the learner should have:
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of management of ocean data
- Experience in use of data analysis and visualization tools
- Recognize the importance of good research data management practice
- Associate Professor Dr Aidy@ Mohamed Shawal Bin M Muslim
- Prof Emeritus Dr. Mohd Lokman Bin Husain
- Prof Dr. Wan Izatul Asma Bt. Wan Talaat
- Mr. Mohd Nasir Mohamad
- Mr. Muhammad Izuan Nadzri
Date & Venue: 20 - 24 January 2019, at Institute Of Oceanography and Environment, Universiti Malaysia Terengganu, 21030 Kuala Nerus, Terengganu, Malaysia.