Data visualization is the science of describing the significance of data by placing it in a visual context. In the current scenario it is very useful for dealing with marine met data as patterns, trends and correlations that might go undetected in text-based data can be exposed and recognized easier with data visualization software.
The current course will demonstrate the use of open source software FERRET for generation of NetCDF data and visualize various types of plots, save and reuse them at a later stage. The course is designed to be a mix of both practical and theoretical sessions.
Aims and Objectives
- Provide an exposure to Data Visualization using FERRET.
- Generation of scripts to visualize various types of data sets (1D, 2D, 3D etc).
- Perform data analysis, generate added value products.
- Knowledge and understanding of FERRET software.
- Generation of different types of JNL scripts for visualization and analysis.
- Able to visualize data set viz., in situ, remote sensing and model outputs.
- Tools for visualizing different types of ocean data and data products.
Target audiences include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ocean and atmosphere data managers.
- Researchers intending to use data products for scientific analysis.
- Research scholars at various universities.
- Candidates should have knowledge of data formats in which most of the oceanographic data sets are available;
- Candidates should be preferably working in institutions responsible for the management of oceanographic and/or atmospheric data;
- Good working knowledge of English;
- Participants should preferably bring their own laptops.
Names of selection committee:-
- Dr. TVS Udayabhaskar
- Mr. J Pavan Kumar
- Mr. RUVN Satish
Venue: INCOIS, Hyderabad, India
Dates: 27 - 31 August 2018