This course will demonstrate the data resources available from operational program. The focus will be on operational activities, how to download data and use software to visualize. It will be a mix of practical and theoretical.
Aims and Objectives
- To provide an introduction to operational oceanography.
- Discovery and Use of Operational Ocean Data Products and Services.
- Hands on for Visualizing the model and in situ derived data products.
- Knowledge and understanding of operational oceanography.
- Tasks involved in Operational Analysis and Forecast methods.
- Oceanographic Data sources, Quality Control/Quality Assurance, monitoring systems and methods.
- Tools for visualizing the operational ocean data products.
Target audiences include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ocean and coastal data managers.
- Researchers intending to use data products for scientific analysis.
- Research scholars at various universities.
- Candidates should have knowledge of marine data and formats in which most of the oceanographic data sets are available;
- Candidates should be preferably working in institutions responsible for the management of oceanographic data;
- Good working knowledge of English;
- Participants should bring their own laptops.
Dates: 18 - 22 June 2018
Link to event and list of participants