This course provides a comprehensive introduction to a wide variety of earth science datasets, formats and analysis software. Students will learn and practice methods using a common ocean area, and they are expected to create a personal project of data products for a marine region of their own choosing. Personal projects are presented by the students at the end of the course.
Aims and Objectives:
- Recognize the importance of good research data management practice
- Provide an introduction to the use of free software for synthesis of marine data and analyses
- Creation and use of multi-parameter marine data collections to prepare and publish standard data products
- Develop marine data and products from multiple sources using selected software programs
- Course Editor / Instructor: Lilian Krug