This course introduces the concept, development, applications and evaluation of metadata. Through a combination of practical exercises, participants will critically examine metadata issues, standards, and best practices, and will evaluate the role of metadata in Ocean data management.
- To introduce Marine Data Managers to the concept of metadata
- To introduce metadata standards used to describe marine data
- To highlight the importance of metadata for your organization
- To provide practical experience in writing good metadata.
- Understand the principles, concepts and types of metadata
- Explore various metadata standards
- Understand different issues in the applications of metadata standards
- Gain experience in applying selected metadata standards to the creation of metadata records
- Practical experience in use of an open source catalogue application to manage metadata
- Implement metadata decisions in ocean data project
- Instructor: Aidy M Muslim
- Instructor: Mustafa Man
- Instructor: Mohd Nasir Mohamad
- Course Editor / Instructor: Greg Reed