This course will demonstrate the data resources available from operational program. The focus will be on operational activities, how to download data and use software to visualize. It will be a mix of practical and theoretical.
Aims and Objectives
- To provide an introduction to Operational Oceanography.
- Discovery and Use of Operational Ocean Data Products and Services.
- Hands on for Visualizing the model and in situ derived data products.
- Knowledge and understanding of Operational Oceanography.
- Tasks involved in Operational Analysis and Forecast methods.
- Oceanographic Data sources, Quality Control/Quality Assurance, monitoring systems and methods.
- Tools for visualizing the operational ocean data products.
Target audiences include, but not limited to the following:
- Ocean and coastal data managers.
- Researchers intending to use data products for scientific analysis.
- Research scholars at various universities.
- Course Editor / Instructor: Madhusudan Rao
- Course Editor / Instructor: Greg Reed
- Course Editor / Instructor: Sidhartha Sahoo